Whether you’re local or interstate, a wild girl or a mild girl, we’ve got your hen’s weekend plans covered! The Gold Coast is a favourite destination for weddings, hens, bucks, birthday parties and every celebration in between. Here are a few itineraries and ideas for your special bride (and equally special girl gang) to celebrate before the big day.
Craft and Connection
You’re here to chill and hang out with your best friends and get some much needed pampering before your big day. Penis straws and barebutt butlers might not be your idea of a great weekend, but spas, craft and good food is. We recommend:
Base yourself in Burleigh to be a short hop away from the Gold Coast’s best hen’s weekend options for pampering, good food and fun activities.
Start your day with:
- a walk around Burleigh headland, or
- A Yoga Class at Yoga Room
- A spa session at Greenhouse
- You can host your whole hens party at Craft Parlour, a short 5 min drive away in Miami. These guys know how to craft! You and your ladies can BYO food and drinks and create your own adventure with Craft Parlours amazing tribe of crafting guru’s. Watercolour painting, beeswax wrap making, soap making, you name it, they do it!
- Enjoy Breakfast at Gold Coast’s favourite morning eatery, Commune cafe
- Book a sunset waterfront dinner at Rick Shores or The Tropic (in the same beachfront building).
- There are a few night spots with a great vibe in Burleigh. Try Burleigh Pavillion or Justin Lane for a casual outdoor feel; or
- Ramp it up with some dancing at Nightjar or Lockwood
Party like it’s 2010
So, you’re all busy working, building your lives and being serious adults. But every time you and your girls get together, there is inevitable reminiscing about someone doing the worm on the dance floor, someone who always orders the first round of shots, and of course, someone who is the gatorade and junk food hero the next morning. You sound like you need a weekend to cut loose and make some memories that will create giggles for years to come.
- We recommend staying in Broadbeach at the Star Casino. You can get adjoining rooms, or if you’re feeling really fly, they have several penthouses with options like Karaoke machines or in room spa baths (yes!).
- The Star still has you covered here. The Garden Kitchen and Bar has a great outdoor vibe and beyond its delicious food options, you can also start your party here with live music and DJ’s often gracing the outdoor terrace.
- Enjoy your hangover breakfast at the Harvest Buffet and you will not regret it!
- The Gold Coast has no shortage of Butler services that can cater your hens party (their level of attire is up to you).
- Pole dancing anyone? Let’s be honest, this is one of the few weekends where you can mask your curiosity with an innocent ‘we had to do it for the hens’ justification. You can do a group booking at the legendary Pole Katz studio.
- The Pink Flamingo club is an amazing burlesque performance venue that turns into a nightclub. Book in to see a show, then stay on to party.
- Love Nightlife is a popular nightclub where you can bust a move and shout over the music to your friends all night long.
The Bower Estate Hen’s Weekend
If you’re looking for absolute peace and serenity away from the hectic city vibe, we’ve got you covered.
- Accommodating up to 10 people for overnight stays, the Bower Cottage is a fully self contained house with three bedrooms, rumpus room two bathrooms and a kitchen.
- A 2 minute drive up the road is the famed ‘Natural Bridge’ section of Springbrook National park. Come here in the day to take the short 10 minute walk to marvel at a stupendous waterfall cascading through the large cave. Enjoy a leisurely bush walk around the rainforest circuit and get amongst the phenomenal natural beauty of the gold Coast Hinterland.
- You can also visit the Natural Bridge at night time to catch the incredible and unique glow worms that fill the waterfall cave. An entire universe of glowing lights is a once in a lifetime experience.
- The Bower team can help curate an entire bridal shower party on the giant cottage deck. Wrapping around the house, the deck can host up to 60 people for dining. We have a flock of amazing artists, chefs and beauty therapists that can deliver whatever you can imagine:
- Massages and beauty treatments
- Art and Craft workshops
- Long lunches
- Yoga and meditation